The linseed are an ally to lose weight first because they are rich in fiber and thus satiating. In addition to helping control appetite, one of his best-known benefits, it is also a natural alternative to remove toxins the body (diuretic effect), excess fluid and regulate intestinal transit. Let's see more closely what the properties of flaxseed or flaxseed, a food whose consumption has increased significantly in recent years are.
Properties of flaxseed
Nutrients from flax seeds exert purifying effect and while, and thanks to its fiber content and essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6, They help maintain controlled levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. Flax seeds also contain vitamins, especially B and E; minerals (Iron, calcium, potassium, iodine, copper, phosphorus, zinc), amino acids (Leucine, cysteine, isoleucine) and digestive enzymes.
Consumption of flaxseed enhances the absorption of vitamins, which helps improve skin health. Flaxseed or golden flax are also good ways to control diabetes, blood pressure and to promote the proper functioning of the heart and vascular system.
Benefits and how to take flaxseed
Flax seeds or flaxseed provide interesting health benefits, including:
- Control CholesterolIts content in Omega 3 and Omega 6 converts linseed in particularly suitable to control the levels of blood fat.
- Control glucose: Helps keep at bay the blood glucose levels.
- Prevent constipation: Its fiber content helps regulate intestinal transit.
- Detoxing: Purifying effect thanks to their fiber content.
- Promote digestion: Flax seeds contain digestive enzymes.
- Prevent Cancer: Flaxseed also has anticancer properties, especially to prevent colon, breast or prostate.
- Weight Control: It is precisely one of its most common uses, to reinforce the results of weight loss diets. As we have noted, flax seeds help control appetite and provide fiber.
How to take flax seed?
We can find them as whole grains (Bread, muesli), crushed, ground into flour or linseed oil (To garnish cold dishes and salads). It is best to buy whole seeds and grind them at home before taking them, and thus better retain all their properties. They can be mixed with yoghurt, salads or sauces. It is recommended to take about 25 grams a day. In the herbalists and specialty stores we can find a wide variety of flax seeds such as flax seeds ecological, golden flax seeds, flax seeds crushed or brown linen.
Linseed avoid problems in case of irritable bowel suffer because they can aggravate the symptoms of bowel irritation.
You may also be interested in: Nutritional properties of food: 5 Tricks to not lose and Sesame: properties and benefits.