Have you noticed a pain in the left arm?, What can be? Although we tend to relate directly to the heart it is a symptom common to various pathologies. Not to worry prematurely, let's dispel doubts about how to know if I have symptoms of heart attack.
Pain in the left arm, discomfort radiating to the shoulder, It may be accompanied by a tingling sensation in his hands. But this discomfort does not mean that inevitably going to suffer a heart attack because, for example, may be related to a neck problem or a muscle tear. If discomfort persists, it is best to seek medical attention.
Symptoms of heart attack
Pain in the arm as the only discomfort is not enough to say that we have a heart attack, but some symptoms to appear. That includes:
- Chest pain that from the start, is intense, long-lasting.
- Tightness, even heaviness in the chest and sometimes a burning sensation in the chest.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Feeling restless.
- Cold sweat.
- Abdominal distension.
- wheezing or cough.
- Difficulty detecting the pulse at the wrist.
- The pain may also radiate to other body areas, from the center of the chest to the neck and chin.
Arm pain from heart attack
There are several signs to distinguish when arm pain is caused by infarction:
- Pain in the left arm forwards with rest and worsens when moving.
- The pain is intense from the beginning and there is loss of sensitivity to touch.
- Onset of pain in the left arm suddenly when lying down.
- When the arm pain is accompanied by any of the symptoms outlined above infarction.
Other causes of arm pain
- Pain in the left arm may also indicate a neck problem. In this case, although the pain does not stop everyday activities, it does cause a feeling of stiffness. There may also be dizziness and nausea. In this case there may be a problem of the column.
- Neuropathy or inflammation of nerves from the neck to the arm may also occur with arm pain, a pain that can be generalized and not relieved even with drugs. It may be accompanied by loss of sensation in the biceps, forearm and elbow. Should consult the doctor and the source of the problem may be in the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
You may also be interested in: Myths stroke and heart disease and discover 8 warning symptoms of female heart attack.