Do you feel heaviness in the head, dizziness and fatigue? Heaviness in the head is one of the most common ailments which normally comes accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness, insomnia and heavy eyes. Sometimes it may be due to external agents such as stress or worries, but other times it may be a sign of our body that tells us that something is wrong. Today we tell the most common causes of headache, symptoms and diseases to which they should and some tips to improve it.
- Hypertension: It is a malaise that, in most cases, is temporary and forwards without difficulty, when you have high blood pressure may appear strong feeling of heaviness in the back of the head, up to the neck. If you suffer from hypertension we offer a number of natural remedies to control high blood pressure, plus 6 foods you should avoid if you're hypertensive.
- Muscle tension: Inflammation of the neck muscles is a disorder that can be very annoying and debilitating, a problem It can be caused by poor posture that damages the muscles of the neck and the cervical area. Here we leave some simple self-massage exercises so you can perform them when you start to feel muscle tension, so that you can prevent the feeling of heaviness.
- Premenstrual syndromeThe days before menstruation are very annoying for us day in addition to other added discomfort many women suffer during these days of very strong head pains that subside when the time comes. We propose a number of natural remedies to relieve premenstrual syndrome without drugs.
- psychological causes: Is one of the most common causes of heaviness in the head, anxiety, stress, panic attacks or depression are problems that result in physical discomfort, including severe headaches. Stress or anxiety can determine not only our lives, but we can lead to mental and physical collapse.
- Bad habitsAmong the bad habits we can find food and others such as alcohol, snuff, too much caffeine, too little sleep&# 8230;
- Eye problemsIf your pain or heaviness in the head are given after periods working at the computer or after reading a while, consult an ophthalmologist because you can have some sort of problem of eyestrain you causes heaviness in the head.
- Mild to moderate pain intensity in different areas of the head.
- Feeling of oppression.
- Drooping eyelids.
- Nausea and sometimes vomiting.
Heaviness in the head: What diseases behind?
- temporal arteritis: It consists of a swollen or enlarged one of the arteries that irrigates stop in the area of the head and neck.
- labyrinthitis: Is a pathology that affects the inner ear, It may include the heaviness of the head as one of its symptoms, as well as dizziness and continuous dizziness.
- Sinusitis: It consists of a inflammation of the sinuses what It causes strong headaches, especially in the area of the eye sockets and temples. If you suffer from sinusitis and you want to know more, we tell you all about their causes and natural treatments for their symptoms.
- RhinitisIs a disease that It affects the airway and it involves inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes.
Light-headedness: Tips and natural remedies
- preparing a Chamomile tea with honey and lemon drops. Chamomile has inflammatory and sedative properties and honey helps to rest better, if you take it at night in a glass of milk, will help you relax before bedtime.
- aromatherapy: Massage the painful area with essential oils, aromatherapy is beneficial to balance our emotions. The essential oil of lavender has sedative and relaxing effects and it is advised to relieve headaches.
- Gingerroot: Prepare a tea with ginger root, will help you relieve dizziness and nausea induced headache.
- Local heatIf the heaviness in the head is caused by muscle tension, apply heat to the area with a warm cloth or take a hot shower to relax muscles. If you apply heat when you start to notice the tension, you avoid back pain head.
- Yoga or relaxation: Practicing yoga exercises, meditation or relaxation may, in addition to relax and take away the stress, help you control your body: stretching and some yoga poses can improve your cervical problems. In this video you can see the best yoga poses to relieve neck pain.