Blepharitis is an inflammation of the eye rims, in the area where the tabs are born and where the meibomian glands. Blepharitis causes swelling, redness and the appearance of an oily secretion or dandruff on the lashes.
Blepharitis can cause loss of eyelashes. Although not contagious, it does have a tendency to become chronic with repeat episodes. Cleaning eye is the key to treatment and not use makeup, eyeliner and, of course, mascara.
Symptoms of blepharitis
- eyelids red swollen
- Itchy eyes
- Burning sensation
- Eye discomfort by blinking
- Loss of eyelashes
- Little crusting on the eyelashes
- Eyelids glued to wake up
Causes of blepharitis
- The main cause of blepharitis is the Proliferation of bacteria usually present on the skin at the base of the eyelashes and eyelids. Condition contributing to excess production of fat glands near eyelids.
- Blepharitis is associated with other skin disorders. Thus, people with rosacea or seborrheic dermatitis dermatitis on the face or scalp or a bacterial infection are more vulnerable to suffer eye blepharitis.
- The repetitive occurrence of styes or chalazion in the eye may favor the development of blepharitis.
- Although generally less common, allergies can also cause inflammation of the eyelids.
Types of blepharitis
- squamous blepharitis: Characterized by scale formation in the base of the eyelashes. In addition to irritation, the main symptom is up with eyelids glued.
- seborrheic blepharitis: Caused by excess sebum secretion on the edge of the eyelids, whose accumulation in the lacrimal area causes irritation.
Natural Treatment for Blepharitis
Blepharitis has no cure, but can be treated to reduce symptoms and prevent recurrence. It's fundamental control symptoms with daily cleaning of the eyes to remove excess bacteria and dandruff on eyelashes.
In case of mild blepharitis can clean the area with a gauze moistened with a few drops of neutral pH soap. Keep your eyes closed and rinse thoroughly with another clean gauze. With a drop of baby shampoo and warm water can also be clean the edges of the eyelids.
Your doctor may recommend a cleaning solution eyelid It sold in pharmacies in the form of wipes. In severe cases of seborrheic blepharitis it may be necessary to follow a course of antibiotics (antibiotic ointments or antiinflammatory) to remove bacteria and excess fat in the eyelids. Artificial tears help prevent eye dryness.
You may also be interested in: Puffy eyes: Causes and treatments to improve and discover the 10 things your eyes say about your health.
- Eruptions cutanees vih
- عيون منتفخة
- جبن الكممبير للتسمين
- انوع الصدور
- Thermomix ruokaohjeet
- Lęk przed bólem algofobia
- وشم باسم fatima
- فيكي مارتن بيروكال: السيرة الذاتية للمصمم [صور]
- How to decorate the house with old furniture: DIY Ideas