Believe sugar addiction ?, fish can replace meat ?, fasting stomach down? They are some of the nutrition issues that generate more questions and sometimes even they result in false beliefs or myths. We tell you what 10 questions, and answers, Curiouser nutrition.
The lack of a concrete response is sometimes leading to certain beliefs or misconceptions settle over time, as happens to food. And precisely supply let's talk, questions that generate more questions. What are the 10 most curious questions about nutrition? everyday questions that have been proposed to solve the European Food Information Council -Eufic, in English, responding, with expert opinion, to all questions posed by users.
Questions about nutrition
- Does Sugar is addictive? Sugar does not create addition, as for a substance is considered addictive to cause certain symptoms, such as needing an increasing amount to avoid withdrawal symptoms. And this is not the case of sugar. Yes you have to take sugar in moderation, among other reasons because they are unnecessary calories.
- Does sugar cause diabetes? It is one of the most common beliefs, but sugar does not cause directly diabetes. By taking sugar, hormone insulin is activated to reduce body sugar at normal levels. When there is a lack of insulin, diabetes occurs, not when we take sugar. Logically, monitor diet and control the quantity and frequency of meals, as well as the types of carbohydrates, to help the body control blood sugar levels.
- ¿Fasting helps you lose weight? When we do not take any food for more than 4 hours, the stomach is logically empty, but, eat again, expands and can accommodate about 4 liters of food and beverages. Also, stop eating any food- -saltándose does not help you eat less, but on the contrary, will we get to the next meal hungrier. In other words, it will help only in appearance seem to have fallen belly, but it's a fleeting feeling. Also, when we skip a meal, the body compensates for the loss of energy conserving what already eaten and slowing metabolism.
- Is it better to eat fruits before or after meals? It is totally indifferent, is what is to be present in the diet-between two and three piece of fruit- day, regardless of the time you are taken (breakfast, afternoon tea, early meals&# 8230;). In other words, any time is good to eat fresh fruit.
- Does the fish can replace meat? Two essential food in a healthy, varied and balanced diet because, although part of the same food group, have their peculiarities. For example, the fish has less saturated fatty acids, but also less iron than meat. If we remove some of these foods for example, diet vegetariana- have to watch that diet is unbalanced and lose essential nutrients.
- Is it better to eat raw vegetables? Yes, but not all, because some, such as legumes, can be harmful to health. The red and white beans, for example, contain natural toxic that can cause, among other symptoms, diarrhea and vomiting if not boiled properly (20 minutes). Potatoes, meanwhile, may be indigestible if eaten raw. Meanwhile, other vegetables, such as carrots or tomatoes, are best taken raw, to better absorb lycopene and carotenoids.
- Is the fruit juices can be replaced? It's just a recommended substitute if it is a homemade juice made with seasonal fruits, not desirable to replace each fruit for juice, among other reasons because they are less satiating and if we add sugar, can add more calories.
- Does rice have fewer calories than pasta? They provide the same calories. One serving of pasta or rice boiled (the equivalent of 200 grams) provides about 240 kilocalories.
- Does the skimmed milk has the same amount of calcium as whole milk? Both whole milk and skimmed or semi contain the same amount of calcium, approximately 1200 mg / liter. The difference between these milks is in its fat content (lipids) and certain vitamins (A and D). The three types of milk are an exceptional source of protein and calcium.
- Is it better to drink water between meals? Drinking water is always good, regardless of the time, not just when we thirst. Drink water only between meals can make during the day, do not take sufficient amount of liquid. You have to drink water before, during and after meals, at least 1,5-2 liters per day.
You may also be interested in: The 10 questions you should always ask your doctor and 10 foods all considered healthy and actually are not.
- الجنس والمال: ما هي العلاقة؟
- How to read tablet without damaging the eye: Tips